ServiceBox 7.9 will be released on Sept 15, 2019 at 7am!
We’ve had a lot of great conversations with our customers about ways to make our accounting connector better, and are thrilled to deliver you a package of updates and fixes based on your feedback, and our own continuing beta testing. From simple things, like little pop-ups to describe what different buttons do, to larger and more advanced things like improved revenue account mapping for Quickbooks and Sage 50. Here’s a list of the all the 7.9 release details, below. Have yourself a read, and check back here anytime to get detailed information about the new features and how you can use them in your company. We’ll also be updating the linked solutions articles throughout this week to address the new questions you bring us. Or you can contact us through the “helpdesk” button in ServiceBox.
Here is a full list of features for Release 7.9
- Tool Tips for Buttons – We have had a number of requests to include tooltips to buttons inside of Quote, Work Orders and Invoices. We have added these in to help with Navigation.
- Copy Materials from Quote to Work Order – We have added in the option to copy all of the materials that are created inside the quote and move them into the Work Order. This can help save time for technicians when at a Job Site. For more information about Copy Materials from Quote to Work Order:
- QuickBooks Desktop – Payroll Import – We have included additional information inside the Timesheet import that will now allow configuration options for Customers that use QuickBooks Desktop Payroll. You will now be able to link timesheet items to a specific payroll item. This way when you import the timesheets to QuickBooks the timesheet item will be set to the payroll item that you have configured. For more information please see this link here:
- QuickBooks Desktop – Import Invoice Note – You can now import the invoice notes into QuickBooks Desktop. This will happen automatically for all new invoices that are imported into QuickBooks. There is a limit to the QuickBooks field so only the first 4000 characters will be imported in, but hopefully, this will be more than enough information for future reference. For more information please see this link here:
- QuickBooks Online – Import Invoice Note – You can now import the invoice notes into QuickBooks Online. You need to turn this option on in the Settings for QuickBooks Online. For more information please see this link here:
- QuickBooks – Timesheet – If you import a negative number from a Timesheet a message will appear that will let you know that QuickBooks does not allow negative numbers in the Weekly Timesheet in QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks – Customer Reference – The Customer Reference field from the Invoice will be imported into the PO Number field in QuickBooks.
- Revenue Account Mapping – QuickBooks, Sage 50 – We have added two additional tabs into the Accounting Connector. “Quote Revenue Account”, will allow you to set the revenue accounts to correspond to the quote categories. These settings will impact invoices that are generated from a quote and imported into QuickBooks. Also “Invoice Revenue Account”, will allow you to set the revenue accounts to correspond to the invoice categories. These will impact invoices that are generated from a Time and Materials invoice.For more information please click here:
- QuickBooks Desktop – Create Work Orders as Jobs – There is now an additional tab called “Work Orders” which will allow you to configure the import to create Work Orders as Jobs Inside of QuickBooks Desktop. You can set it so that all Work Orders are imported or configure it so that it will only create jobs for Work Orders inside a specific Category.
- QuickBooks Online – Create Work Orders as Jobs – There is now an additional tab called “Work Orders” which will allow you to configure the import to create Work Orders as Jobs Inside of QuickBooks Desktop. You can set it so that all Work Orders are imported or configure it so that it will only create jobs for Work Orders inside a specific Category.
- NEW EMAIL SETTINGS – We are now providing additional options for Email so you can ensure that your emails will get to your customers.For full details and configuration instructions click below:
- Improved Support Features – We are committed to your success and have developed additional support features to help our team diagnose solutions to your accounting connector integrations. We want to diagnose any issues quicker and to save you time as well. We hope that you will see the results of this as you use the Accounting Connector in your business.
- Android SDK Upgrade – We have updated the Android app with the newest SDK version. This allows the app to be more reliable and to support more devices going forward.
- Android Notifications – We upgraded the Android notifications to the newest version.
- Mobile Analytics and Error Logging – We have added in better mobile application analytics and mobile error logging so we will be more informed with any issues that come up inside of mobile. This will help us serve you better.
- QuickBooks (USA) – If you add an item that has a tax level but no tax items an error would occur. This is now Fixed.
- Attachments in Job Site Not filtering – We found that the Attachment filters for Unit, Job Site, were not working as expected. This is now fixed.